Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Leadership And Self Deception

https://keithwebb.com/leadership-self-deception-review/

I agree with the advice in this book, I question the effectiveness of thinking that one is going to be able to "pull themselves up by their own bootstraps" and apply it to their life. If you or your organization are able to, my hat is off to you! 

My personal belief is that we are all "in the box" of self deception, and it is only the gift of Grace through Faith in Christ alone that begins the process of lifting us from the box of self to at least thinking about others, and praying to actually love them! 

A decent secular approach to getting out of our self -- if you can't stomach God, I recommend DBT.

For seeking the gift of Faith, I recommend "Has American Christianity Failed". 

No comments:

Post a Comment