Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ideas Have Consequences, Richard Weaver.

 http://www.moosetracksblog.com/2014/11/ideas-have-consequences-by-richard.html

This is one of those books that I have read a few times, and find that I enjoy it and find new insights each time. (I might leave out the cheesy Star Trek video clip if I was to do a "serious review"" again. 

This is just a glorified link to a book that I didn't want readers of this blog to miss. 

I'll only include one quote ... it is worth following the link to the more extensive review, and of course reading the book itself. 

"For four centuries every man has been not only his own priest, but his own professor of ethics, and the consequence is an anarchy which threatens even that minimum consensus of value necessary to the political state."

No comments:

Post a Comment